Letter to Residents TENS Licensing

St Pauls Carnival CB Bristol Design 37.jpg

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Residents applying for food or drink trading

As part of Carnival we welcome any local resident who wishes to trade food and or alcohol or play music (a sound-system) from their garden on the day of Carnival.

If this is something you'd like to do or plan to do, please note that under the current legislation this is a licensable activity for which you will need to apply for a Temporary Event Notice. Otherwise known as a T.E.Ns, once you have one of these you will be able to carry out the above activities within an agreed set of conditions that are laid out by the Council.

Just like you, the Carnival is also actively applying to the Council for a variety of licenses such as premises, T.E.N's and collection license, etc. Therefore we can help with the process can be, so given our expertise and understanding of the process.

Before you fill out your application do come and have a friendly chat with our Events team.

TO APPLY PLEASE VISIT: https://www.stpaulscarnival.net/trader-application

Please note that whatever you’re planning, it must be in line with whatever the Carnival is doing on the day. For example, the Carnival is applying to the Council to operate from 12.00 to 22:00 on Saturday 7th July. If your application exceeds these hours then it’s likely that your T.E.N will be refused!

To reduce the possibility of having your T.E.N rejected the Carnivals Events team are here to help as follows:

  • From April 19th come and talk to us at our weekly surgeries every Thursday from 10am – 12pm at the St Pauls Learning Centre. Do tell us what your planning and remember the more you tell us the better we can advise you.
  • We have a hands-on-service where we will write and submit your T.E.N application. The fee for this is £60 (including the application and admin fee). If your application is unsuccessful we will refund you £30.
  • In the near future we will be sending an update letter to all St Paul’s residents which will include some top tips on how to apply for a T.E.N as well as advising you on our next set of update meetings.
  • These top tips will shortly be available on our FAQ - www.stpaulscarnival.net.
  • Email our Event Manager to inform him of your plans. He will respond to advise on your plans, and what, if any, implications it may have on the Carnivals overall plans.  eventsmanager@stpaulscarnival.org.uk
  • If you apply through the Carnival and your application is rejected we will work with you to appeal, however if your appeal is also refused we will refund you £30.

We hope that the above is clear, concise and helpful overview on our position. We look forward to collaborating with the community to deliver a memorable 50th Carnival celebration!

TO APPLY PLEASE VISIT: https://www.stpaulscarnival.net/trader-application