See below details for the SIA Course held by the Employer Training Solutions of which sign up is being help at at the St Paul's Learning Centre on Monday:
“Our SIA Course is delivered over 18 Days and consists of the following accredited Qualifications:
• Highfield Functional Skills Qualification in Maths Level 1 (Exam)
• Highfield Functional Skills Qualification in English Level 1 (Exam)
• Highfield Level 1 Award in Personal Development for Employability (Portfolio) consisting of:
o Applying for a Job
o Interview Skills
o Working in a team
• NUCO Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (Practical Assessment)
• Highfield Level 2 Award for Working as a Door Supervisor within The Private Security
• Working within the Private Security Industry (Exam)
• Working as a Door Supervisor within the Private Security Industry (Exam)
• Conflict Management within the Private Security Industry (Exam)
• Physical Intervention Skills within the Private Security Industry (Practical Assessment)
• Highfield Level 2 Award in Understanding Stewarding Spectator Events (Portfolio)
• Prevent Training (online)
Functional Skills Maths and English combined are delivered over 5 days including the exams.
The Door Supervisor Award is also delivered over 7 days including the exams. The remaining qualifications are delivered over a day each apart from Stewarding which is 2 days.
On successful completion of all elements of the course FMBS will provide funding for the SIA License. This is done through our SIA Business account where we link with the learner and on successful completion of the application and all elements of the course we pay for the licence direct to the SIA.
It is advisable for the learner not to start an SIA account before they have studied with us as this can cause issues with processing the application and payment.
SIA can take up to 5 weeks to process an application for the licence
Timeframe from Start of course to License received
The Course is run for 18 days over 4 weeks with the last results arriving around 2 weeks later. As above, the SIA takes up to 5 weeks to process the application. Therefore, from start to finish, the timeframe to receive the badge will be around 12 weeks from the first day of the course.
Highfield Awarding Body are responsible for marking our exams and validating awards, we are reliant on them in this process. If a learner fails any element of the course we will contact them to resit their exam(s)
The SIA also has a link for the learner to follow if they have had any prior criminal convictions. This will show them if they will be eligible to apply for the license. The link is below:
The Short Courses team will be available to support the learners through their journey. Although individual applications made to the SIA will have to be made by the learners. “
To sign up, go to the St Pauls Learning Centre at 9:30 on Monday 10th June 2019 and email email@example.com for more information on what you need to bring.